10 things you should know about Pastor John Gillman
1. I am the oldest of 5 siblings, the son of a farmer and a homemaker.
2. I grew up in a Roman Catholic Church during my school years in Linn County Missouri.
3. I was involved in a lot of activities in high school: sports, music, student council, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA).
4. I had a born-again experience as a teenager following an FCA event.
5. I received a bachelor’s degree in Biology Education at the University of Missouri where I was involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU). I spent my summers working in the Branson area at Kanakuk Kamps.
6. I have many hobbies that include athletics, reading, playing guitar, outdoor adventure, and board games.
7. My first job out of college was teaching high school biology at Centralia high school and coaching lower-level football and basketball. I held that position for 12 years.
8. During my second year of teaching, I was re-introduced to a college acquaintance. Kathleen and I were married in the summer and we celebrate 28 years of marriage in 2022.
9. Kathleen and I have three children ages 24,23, and 21. John Michael works in the Ag Business industry in Cape Girardeau and will marry Katie Devenney in March. Ann Elizabeth is a nurse in Bentonville AR where she lives with her husband Noah. Maddie is a nursing student at Southwest Baptist University. We home-schooled for several years. Kathleen is a homemaker and a great wife and mom and also nannies for a one-year-old in Columbia.
10. In 2003 I was looking for a summer job and Harrisburg Christian Church was looking for a pastor. We have been together ever since. I have a passion for seeing people in this community come to the Lord and for the faith to be handed down to the next generation.
10 things you should know about Jennie Thompson
1. I am the oldest of three girls, all born in the beautiful state of Oregon. My dad drove a semi most of his life, my mom was a registered respiratory therapist. While living there, I enjoyed going to the river, ocean, mountains, and lakes and riding our mini bike.
2. I was raised in the Christian church, accepted Jesus as my savior as a child, and was baptized in 2003, in a pond, in Fayette.
3. I went to Junior High and High School in Phoenix, AZ. While in Arizona, I enjoyed snake hunting with my dad, off-roading, fishing, camping, and going to rock concerts and rodeos.
4. I am happy to be a stay-at-home mom, working part-time as Administrative Assistant for HCC. Prior to HCC, I worked in construction and medical management, and banking.
5. I was married to Michael Thompson in 2021, on a beautiful beach in Florida. We have two pretty awesome kids, Mia and Cason, who both attend Harrisburg Elementary. We are blessed to have my mom, sisters, and their families living so close. And are blessed to live in such a great community.
6. My favorite pastime is fishing, specifically catfishing on the Missouri river. My favorite everyday pastime is reading, listening to music, BBQ, swimming and watching the kids and dogs play from my back porch, baking, and cooking.
7. Summer is my favorite season. I love the beach, the sun, and all things summer. If it wasn’t for Chiefs football, and the holidays between Labor Day and New Year’s Eve, it could be summer all year round and I’d be happy.
8. Pets, we have a lot of pets. I have four dogs, and the rest of the family has five cats and a rabbit. I have never not had at least one dog, and most of my life a rabbit too. I used to have horses and leased land to a rodeo company, so there were always horses and bulls around. When I feel like I want more animals, I go to the zoo!
9. I have lived in many states, including Oregon, Arizona, California, South Carolina, and Missouri. Because I love the beach, warm weather, history, dogs, and horses, Aiken, South Carolina was my favorite place to live. I worked at a horse and dog rescue there. Florida is my favorite vacation place, next to Jamaica.
10. One of my biggest blessings was finding HCC and making it our church home. I love the dedication HCC has to our children and I love the “realness” and friendships I have found here at HCC. My goal here is to lead others here to experience what I have come to love.